Palash Biswas On Unique Identity No1.mpg

Unique Identity No2

Please send the LINK to your Addresslist and send me every update, event, development,documents and FEEDBACK . just mail to palashbiswaskl@gmail.com

Website templates

Zia clarifies his timing of declaration of independence

What Mujib Said

Jyoti basu is DEAD

Jyoti Basu: The pragmatist

Dr.B.R. Ambedkar

Memories of Another Day

Memories of Another Day
While my Parents Pulin Babu and basanti Devi were living

"The Day India Burned"--A Documentary On Partition Part-1/9

Partition

Partition of India - refugees displaced by the partition

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Press Release – First Statement of Babar Ahmad on his release form US Prison after 11 years


Press Release – First Statement of Babar Ahmad on his release form US Prison after 11 years


lot, I mean a terrorist plot … Neither of these two defendants were interested in what is commonly known as terrorism … It appears to me that he [Babar] is a generous, thoughtful person who is funny and honest. He is well liked and humane and empathetic…This is a good person who does not and will not seek in the future to harm other people."

Today, we remember and thank all those who have supported us throughout. But for now, we kindly ask everyone to give us some privacy and space and not to contact us for the time being.

Babar has the following comment to make:

"11 years of solitary confinement and isolation in ten different prisons has been an experience too profound to sum up in a few words here and now. In October 2012, I was blindfolded, shackled and forcibly stripped naked when I was extradited to the US. Last week, US and UK government officials treated me with courtesy and respect during my journey home. "

"Today, I have absolutely nothing. Yet I am rich. All praise be to God."

"In time, I look forward to sharing reflections on my experience to help inform others. I recognise that the world has moved on since 2004, yet in some ways, sadly it has failed to progress. "

"For now, I intend to reconnect privately with my incredible family, to whom I owe so much.  It was a great joy to celebrate Eid with them for the first time in 11 years and to hug three of my nieces and nephews whom I had never met before. It has been a long time."

Note:

Judge Hall's comments can be found at pages 33, 49, 67, and 106 of the official sentencing transcript  in U.S. v Babar Ahmad 3:04CR301(JCH), CT, July 16, 2014. The full document can be downloaded here.

A high resolution version of the recent photograph of Babar since his release can be downloadedhere.

http://freebabarahmad.com/press-and-media/press-releases/item/585-press-release-first-statement-of-babar-ahmad-upon-release-from-us-prison-after-11-years

--
Pl see my blogs;


Feel free -- and I request you -- to forward this newsletter to your lists and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment