Palash Biswas On Unique Identity No1.mpg

Unique Identity No2

Please send the LINK to your Addresslist and send me every update, event, development,documents and FEEDBACK . just mail to palashbiswaskl@gmail.com

Website templates

Zia clarifies his timing of declaration of independence

What Mujib Said

Jyoti basu is DEAD

Jyoti Basu: The pragmatist

Dr.B.R. Ambedkar

Memories of Another Day

Memories of Another Day
While my Parents Pulin Babu and basanti Devi were living

"The Day India Burned"--A Documentary On Partition Part-1/9

Partition

Partition of India - refugees displaced by the partition

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fwd: [india-unity] Re: Fwd: The lecturer



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Xavier William <varekatx@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:36 AM
Subject: Re: [india-unity] Re: Fwd: The lecturer
To: india-unity@yahoogroups.com, keraladd <KeralaDD@yahoogroups.co.uk>


Come Sunday and I am 63 and I dont have the patience to wait for ever. Jesus called his own priests a brood of vipers and whitewashed sepulchers when he was only 30 or 31. Why could not he wait till after death. Mohammad was far younger than me when broke all the idols in the Kaaba. Krishna was probably younger than me when he narrated the Geetha in which among other things he extols the caste system and one of our friends here says that any shloka in the Geetha has more depth than the whole of the Koran and the Bible combined.
Do you expect me to take it lying down that all Christians and Muslims are bad? I am just pointing out the kinks in their arguments which you term as anti-humility. I am assertive. If you take it as agression or vanity you are most welcome.
In fact I am now thinking of starting a dialogue on Brahminism and casteism. Venkat and others point out the agressiveness of Christians and Muslims. But in jumping to this conclusion he forgets the crueltis perpetrated by the likes of Shiv Sena, The Ranbir Sena, Kalndlamal massacre, the leader of the Sri Ram Sena in Bangalore promising to cause trouble if he is paid the right sum
The whole point I am trying to raise there are good men and bad men in every ethnic group whether religious, linguistic, color-based or whatever. It is the action that is to be judged and not the ethnicity or the identity of those the person who commits it. In the process if I have gone beyond limits that is only incidental. Let us not see a cross or a crescent or a lotus behind every shadow. I have friends of every group you can and I like them according to their actions - I value honesty and nonviolence most. I dont care whether they are circumcised or not; I dont care whether ...

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Sugrutha R. Kamat <sugrutha@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

"I think that humility and cowardice are often mistaken for one another. Sugrutha, Humility and courage are not mutually exclusive."

Exactly. But yes, many folks including atheists seem to think otherwise ! :-) And somehow seem to give graciousness and gracefulness also the same 'cowardly' pass. And uniformly that 'I can say what I want to say whichever way I want to say' that smacks of plain arrogance. And you know arrogance does no one any good - thiest or atheist.

To break away it needs courage, confidence and a beleif in what one is breaking away to, but it can be done with humility, thoughtfulness and sensitivity. Of course that path takes more patience, but in that way you can perhaps even take the others with you at least part of the way, and not need to 'break-away' totally and drastically.

Sugrutha

--- In india-unity@yahoogroups.com, Xavier William <varekatx@...> wrote:
>
> Sugrutha,
> U r right. Humility and so on cannot go hand in hand with atheism. Your
> father, your mother, your brothers and sisters and everyone you know and
> trust goes to church on Sundays and going to church every day is considered
> the best of things and then people frown upon you when you say things which
> you think are right and so on ...It is not pleasant to become an atheist for
> one who was brought up in a Catholic family and studied for priesthood and
> so on. I wish the sacred lies I was brought in were sacred truths. But after
> years and years of the search for the elusive truth I have came to certain
> conclusions and one of them was that my parents and my society was leading
> me astray in the matters of religion though they did it with the best of
> intentions. I had to break away and a man of too much humility cannot break
> away.
> On second and third thoughts if Jesus and Mohammad and Krishna were really
> humble could they have spoken against the establishment as they did?
> I think that humility and cowardice are often mistaken for one another.
> Sugrutha, Humility and courage are not mutually exclusive.
>
> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Sugrutha R. Kamat <sugrutha@...>wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In india-unity@yahoogroups.com <india-unity%40yahoogroups.com>, Xavier
> > William <varekatx@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Instead the Brahmins lorded it over the low castes and lived a
> > > parasitical life doing nothing but eat and f---
> >
> > I think the above is in very bad taste.
> >
> > Sadly atheism somehow seems to look down upon aesthetics and grace along
> > with its contempt for the concept for divinity. The above is not the first
> > example in this forum as everyone knows thanks to my bringing up the other
> > example every now and then ! For some reason attributes like humility and
> > self-doubt and introspection somehow dont seem to go alongside atheism I can
> > never understand why. Perhaps it is this uncouth, arrogant and offensive
> > attitudes of aetheists that actually scare people away from atheism ! :-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sugrutha
> >

__._,_.___



--
Palash Biswas
Pl Read:
http://nandigramunited-banga.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment